My music video

My website

My website
Click Here to go to my website.

Friday, October 5, 2018

The Big Issue Cover Task Evaluation



WWW:  I was successfully able to select a transparent image of myself onto the blue background, in order to create the effect which I intended to have.  I was also able to create a neat box for the other featured topics in the magazine.

EBI: The cutouts were not very neat and somewhat jagged, so more time and accuracy should have been put into this process for a more professional look.  The 'also' box also does not contain content that synergizes well with the theme of the magazine.  More thought could have been put into this, prior to making it.  Finally, the colour of background does not appear to be very representative of The Big Issue brand.  These could have been contrasting in order to make the cover more visually appealing or 'eye-catching' and this would additionally work to reinforce the brand image.

1 comment:

  1. Your work on the Big Issue cover has been very good. You have shown excellent understanding of magazine conventions. You had an ambitious idea and were able to execute this through very strong technical skills.
    You have provided very thoughtful evaluative comments, which I agree with.
    EBI - thinking about layout and trying out different positions for the masthead, even if this is different to your original flat plan; the masthead and graphics do seem to make your cover quite bottom heavy.

    ReplyDelete