My music video

My website

My website
Click Here to go to my website.

Saturday, December 15, 2018

12. Location reccie, risk assessment and location permissions

I performed a location reccie, so I would know the set which I would be dealing with.  This would help me think ahead of the shoot, as I would be more aware or where good shots would come from, where there could be potential technical errors concerning lighting for example and where I would move the camera.

MY LOCATION RECCIES:


Location 1: Sitting Room, My house:


This is where the first advert will take place.  All three characters will be sat down on the sofa facing the television.

The 'idea' moment will also occur on the same sofa between the other two characters.

The main character will walk through the door frame towards the end.


Location 2: My Bedroom, My house:
This is where the second advert will all take place.  The main character will be sat at a seat closest to the door and the other two will sit opposite him.

The main character will come through the door frame towards the end of the advert.



MY RISK ASSESSMENT:


I also created a risk assessment to go with the locations that I was working in.  I evaluated the risks and came up with solutions for them to mitigate the or prevent any chances of harm.

Location 1:
  • Risk: The area is not too spacious
  • Solution: Guide actors when walking on the set, so they do not trip up on any objects.  Take care and be cautious when moving the camera.
  • Risk: There are 2 sets of stairs in order to get to the sitting room.
  • Solution: Move carefully with the kit up the stairs.  Make sure none of the tripod legs are sticking out as they may scrape the walls and damage the tripod legs.
Location 2:
  • Risk: The area is not too spacious; more compact than Location 1.
  • Solution: Guide actors when walking on the set, so they do not trip up on any objects.  Take care and be cautious when moving the camera.
  • Risk: There are possible obstacles in the corridor before reaching the doorframe.
  • Solution:  Dress the set by moving them out of the walkway, prior to the actors arrival to reduce accidents.  This will also be beneficial for the mise-en-scene.





Non-location-specific risks:

  • Risk: The kit has the potential to be lost, or stolen when travelling on public transport.
  • Solution:  Travel with a member or members of the crew, so they can observe what is going on while you take care of the kit.
  • Risk: Travelling by foot with the kit can cause it damage.
  • Solution:  Make sure the kit is held properly; hold the tripod upright and wear the camera bag on your back, with the straps tightened reasonably so it does not drop unexpectedly.  Also, do not run with the kit, as it may hit those around you and surrounding objects.

MY LOCATION PERMISSIONS:

I was provided a signature by one of my parents allowing me to film in the house over the two weekends: 


Overall, doing the reccie, receiving permission and creating a risk assessment have made me more prepared for the two weekend shoots, as I know what it is that I will need to adapt on set.  This will make the overall production process more efficient overall and reduce the chance of risks arising while filming my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment