My music video

My website

My website
Click Here to go to my website.

Saturday, December 15, 2018

8. My Initial Proposal

I made an initial proposal to create a basic outline for idea for my two food delivery service adverts.  A proposal would give me a structure to work on and develop when moving forward and would eventually become a fluid 30 second advert.

I drafted out my proposal in note form by literally writing what came to my head initially, and then extracted the parts that were interesting or that I thought had potential to form an advert.  I slightly broke down what would happen in the advert in short sentences so I could understand whether the advert would flow and if it fit the brief.  I made reference to the brief constantly when developing my ideas and the ones that did not fit were discarded.  The ideas that I came up with and developed used the brief as a reference point alongside adverts in the food delivery genre and outside it that I researched.

  • Advert 1:  This advert will have three teenagers watching a film; this choice of actors is with the intention of appealing to the youthful, 16-25 year old target audience, which the brief specifies.  Two out of  the three friends will not be bothered to go and get food so the third grudgingly ends up going to get some from a store.  The other friends have a quicker idea of ordering from YourFood due to the variety and that they can buy snack food from across the borough.  This will be expressed through one or two lines of  dialogue and will tie my advert back to the concept of regionality that the brief mentions.  The defined regions will be within London.  This will also be made clear within the small text of the promotional shot.  The teenager who went out will catch them in the middle of eating.   The advert will have genre hybridity with the Purplebricks housing adverts in the way that characters become frustrated when they find out about the easier method.  The reaction shot is similar to the Crunchy Nut cereal adverts in the way that they are caught eating.  The 'dark humour' found in these adverts keep the advert youthful, as the age cohort will be able to understand and relate to it.  


  • Advert 2:  The advert will also have three teenagers, but this time will be playing video games, as many 16-25 year olds do during their free time.  I will have three actors of varying ethnicities in order to widen my appeal to the mass market within my target audience.  Having three actors is also important for portraying the social interactions that my target audience usually have, making it more relatable to them and will make them interested in the YourFood brand.  The main character's friends imply that they do not want to buy food so he grudgingly goes to get it himself.  The teenagers think of the quicker idea of ordering from YourFood, on the premise that they can order food from all over the borough.  This will be in the form of dialogue and is important for ensuring that my advert meets the requirements of the brief in terms of regionality. The defined geographical region will also be made clear within the small text of the promotional shot. They will eventually be caught by their friend, in the middle of eating.  The advert will have genre hybridity with the Purplebricks 'commisery' adverts in the way that characters become frustrated when they find out about the easier method.  This is also intertextual to the gaming scenes in The Big Bang Theory, in the way which they play so intensely and quietly.  The 'reaction shot' will be similar to the Crunchy Nut cereal adverts in the way that they are in shock  when they have been found out for eating in secret.  


Making an initial proposal has helped me shape my ideas and make a first step towards making a complete plot for my advert.  I will progress my developing the idea and putting in the form of a timeline and storyboard to gain a greater idea of what the advert should look like.



Advert 1 Proposal
Advert 2 Proposal

No comments:

Post a Comment